Commitees of SB Helios
- Events Committee (Evcie): organizes fun activities and events throughout the year.
o Are you looking for other activities besides badminton? Well, the events committee (Evcie) organizes activities every month to let you relax and to have fun. No matter on what scale the activities are, they are always exciting and let you to hang out with other Helios members! We usually have a drink after each activity. You can always contact the Evcie via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Introduction committee: the first contact for new members.
o This committee welcomes new members to Helios. New members are invited to come and to play with us. New members can address all their questions to this heartwarming committee: email@example.com.
- ISBT committee: organizes the biggest event of Helios, the International Student Badminton Tournament.
o The ISBT takes place in March and attracts students and non-students from all over the Netherlands and even abroad. The committee puts its effort into organizing an awesome weekend full of badminton and fun for over 100 participants.
- Computer committee (Coco): is responsible for the website of Helios.
o This committee manages the website of Helios. You can find information about Helios, its events and its committees. You can subscribe for events on the website. If you have new ideas for the Coco, please let them know.
- Sponsor committee: recruits new sponsors for Helios.
o To increase the possibilities for our committees and Helios members, we are looking for sponsors. The sponsor committee contacts potential sponsors and maintains the contact with the current sponsors. If you have a suggestion for a sponsor, please contact the sponsor committee.
- Advice committee (Adco): gives advice to the Board.
o The advice committee (Adco) gives advice to the board, involving all kind of matters. The adco reads the minutes of the board meetings and comments on them.
- Editorial team Helium: publishes the Helium, Helios’ magazine.
o The Helium is the magazine of Helios, published around 4 times a year. You will get to know amazing facts, funny stories and the latest news about Helios. New members may also be asked to introduce themselves in the Helium. Ask one of the board members to read the latest version of the Helium.
- Audit committee: keeps an eye on the financial reports of Helios.
o The audit committee is charged with the oversight of financial reports of Helios. They work closely with the Treasurer.
- Competition committee: is responsible for the formats of competition and training.
o This committee cooperates with the trainers and creates the formats of the competition teams, based on the level and preferences of the players. There are two competition leagues every year. The competition committee is also responsible for the training format, which changes twice a season. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the competition committee.
- Racketlon/ServeFiveAll committee: organizes an awesome multisport event.
o We’d like to let Helios members try out different sports. Therefore, we cooperate with other sports unions to organize a Racketlon tournament. In 2016, we even managed to organize a tournament with 5 different sports. The members in this committee represent Helios and do their utmost to make it an unforgettable day for Helios and non-Helios members.
- Batavierenrace committee: makes a unique festival and running event happen for Helios.
o This committee is responsible for the organization of the Batavierenrace for Helios. The Batavierenrace is a unique event. It combines the largest students’ festival of the Benelux with the world’s largest relay race (8700 participants). The relay race will be held between Nijmegen and Enschede. If you do worry about running, then we can reassure you: the Batavierenrace is suitable for everyone, even if you don’t like running at all. Enjoy the atmosphere of this unique event! Absolutely a must-have-experience!